When taking on the role of landlord, you’ll quickly learn that it requires quite a bit of hands-on work. Keeping up with rent due, maintenance requests, landscaping requirements, and more can become overwhelming quickly. That’s why so many property owners turn to property management services to help them secure profits without being involved in day-to-day operations.
Ask the Right Questions
When hiring a property manager for your properties, ask the following questions to make sure you choose the very best candidate:
- What is your experience in the industry?
- What services do you offer in addition to rent collection?
- How do you determine rental rates for the properties you manage?
- Am I allowed to set my own rental rate?
- How will I receive the rent collected?
- What are your fees?
- What is your average vacancy rate?
- Are your fees different during the months that my property is vacant?
- Where do you advertise your available properties?
- How are applicants screened?
- How do you handle rental agreement violations and evictions?
- How often will I receive updates on my property?
A reputable property manager will be able to easily answer these questions and more. If the candidate you’re interviewing cannot, then you’d be smart to move on to the next option. Finding out you’ve hired an inexperienced or even downright criminal property manager after you’ve handed over the keys is a nightmare no one wants to deal with.
Choose the Best Property Manager for Your Rental Properties
If your rental property is located in southwest Florida and you need a high-quality property manager, there’s no need to look any further than Douglas Realty Property Management. We manage properties in Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, San Carlos, Lehigh Acres, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, and North Port with 100% occupancy and excellent customer service. Call (239) 542-6906 or contact us online to speak with our property management team today.